10/03/2013

Making a little change

As you might I've noticed I've been so busy lately that I've been having some trouble keeping up with the review schedule, to not even mention the news posts. I still want to write reviews, but with this busy schedule I noticed something.


I've been so busy reviewing new releases that other things I still want to listen to keep getting pushed back. Likewise, I've started to feel like I 'have' to review certain things. And like all things that I 'have' to do I keep postponing them. Listening to drama CDs is my hobby, so I don't want to feel like I have to do this or that.

Which is why I'm going back to just randomly reviewing whatever I feel like listening. That probably means I will review less new releases and more older CDs/ series. Less situation CDs and more normal drama CDs. Of course I will still review new things, after all there is a lot that I'm really interested in. But I also want to give myself the opportunity to listen to other things again.

And occasionally, listening to something and not reviewing it without feeling guilty.

Reviewing takes time. Just listening to a drama CD only takes about an hour. But to write a review I need to listen to it more than once, or re-listen certain parts. Writing a proper review also takes at least 1 to 1.5hrs (if not more). Writing the news easily takes 3hrs or more, lately it has been far more. I don't have much free time at the moment, and I want to spend that doing something that I like.

So if you are wondering why certain new releases haven't been reviewed yet, this is why. Same goes for why I've stopped reviewing certain series halfway through.


That said: I've programmed the blog to automatically publish the few reviews I've written lately over the next two weeks. Hopefully that will give me time to get a regular schedule running again.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! That's totally understandable, I'm just happy to read whatever reviews you write :) I hope your schedule gets better in the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep reading your reviews, so please continue - may you post now, tomorrow, or only next week, but I'll keep checking and reading because I appreciate your efforts in reviewing, so do as you like, but never give up writing =D

    ReplyDelete